Mango, Passionfruit + Lime Pavlova
A citrus and fruity mix on an Australian Christmas classic, celebrating Mango and Passionfruit with a Seed + Stow touch and a delicious burst of passionfruit, using Pepe Saya's Passionfruit Curd.
For the pavlova
4 egg whites (room temperature)
Pinch of salt
1 cup caster sugar
1 ½ tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp cornflour
½ tsp of Seed + Stow Lime Zest Powder
- Preheat your oven (top and bottom heat) to 150 degrees celsius.
- Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt using a hand held electric mixer for 4-5 minutes on medium speed, until soft peaks form.
- Continue mixing and add the sugar slowly, continue whisking for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is firm and glossy. Then whisk in the vinegar and vanilla paste.
- Fold through the cornflour and zest.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and pile the mixture onto the paper in a 20cm circle, creating peaks and swirls.
- Reduce your oven temperature to 110 degrees celsius and place in the oven for 1 hour or until crisp, but not coloured. Don’t open the oven door while it is baking. Turn off the oven and allow it to cool in the oven, ideally overnight.
To prepare for serving
180ml Pepe Saya Passionfruit Curd
150ml thickened cream
100g creme fraiche
1/2 mango (sliced)
Seed + Stow Dried Lime Slices
- Remove Pepe Saya Passionfruit Curd from the jar and mix with a spoon to loosen it.
- Whisk the cream and creme fraiche in a bowl for 3-4 minutes, until soft peaks form.
- Slice the mango into thin slices.
- Top the pavlova first with the Pepe Saya Passionfruit Curd, taking it almost to the edge, followed with the cream mixture on top, in a slightly smaller circle.
- Finally arrange the mango slices, Seed + Stow Dried Lime Slices and top with fresh passionfruit.