Mixed Berry Christmas Cocktail Jug
An easy way to serve a Christmas themed cocktail on Christmas Day with little fuss, but a delicious, refreshing flavour. Prepare the mixer days before and pop it in the fridge ready to serve. The best thing is, you can allow your guest to add the gin, or keep it as a non-alcoholic option.
500g of frozen mixed berries
Juice of 1 orange
1 cup of sugar syrup
Dash of vanilla essence
2 tbsp of white vinegar
Seed + Stow Dried Orange Slices
1. In a saucepan, boil the frozen mixed berries with the orange juice and 500mls of water over a medium heat for approximately 15-20 minutes until the berries have broken down.
2. Using a potato masher, mash the mixture to extract all of the juice and create a pulp.
3. Strain the pulp through a fine sieve, and then strain a second time through muslin fabric to remove all of the pulp, leaving just the juice. Press to extract all of the juice. Put aside and refrigerate to cool it down.
4. When you are ready to serve, in a large jug add the mixed berry juice, the sugar syrup, vanilla essence and white vinegar over ice. Use a cocktail mixing spoon to mix.
5. Pour 30 mls of gin into a glass (optional), add the mixed berry mixer and top with soda water.
6. Garnish each drink with a Seed + Stow Dried Orange Slice.
Makes approximately 10, depending on how flavoursome you make the drinks.