CHOCOLATE ORANGE SLICES
A really simple and easy way to make a sophisticated gourmet dessert, perfect for the festive season. Add these to your dessert platters, cheese and grazing boards or pop them back in a jar to give as a gift.
180g of good quality dark chocolate
Seed + Stow Dried Orange Slices
1. Prepare a tray and line it with baking paper.
2. Add a few cups of water to a medium sized sauce pan and heat over a medium flame, allowing it to steadily boil. Place a medium sized bowl on the top, ensure there is a gap between the water and the bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate by placing it in the bowl and allow it to gently heat, stirring it occasionally.
4. Once the chocolate has melted, dip the orange slices into the melted chocolate mixture, ensuring the orange half has a thick and even coating. Place the orange slice on the baking paper tray. Repeat until you have used all of your chocolate, you should yield about 20-25 slices, depending on how thickly you layer the chocolate.
5. Place the completed tray into the fridge for a couple of hours, until the chocolate to completely set.
6. The orange slices should easily peel off the paper once the chocolate has set.