Butterfly Pea G&T
Possibly the prettiest cocktail we have made, the Butterfly Pea G&T is a light and refreshing cocktail that is a wonder to watch as you make it. Using Butterfly Pea Tea, which is dark blue when it is brewed becomes shades of purple and pink when made into a cocktail. Combined with a dry gin and tonic water, the Butterfly Pea Tea adds botanical and floral notes to the cocktail, making it the perfect light and refreshing drink, which can also be made into a mocktail without the gin.
30ml Dry Gin
60ml Butterfly Pea Tea (see instructions)
30ml Lemon Juice
Seed + Stow Dried Lime Slice
1. Brew Butterfly Pea Tea according to the usual instructions, 1 teaspoon of flowers to 1 cup of boiling water. Allow the flowers to infuse for 3-5 minutes before removing the flowers. Refrigerate to cool.
2. Add ice to a tumbler.
3. Top with tonic water, until the glass is 3/4 full.
4. Add 30ml of gin.
5. Add 60ml of the chilled Butterfly Pea Tea.
6. Add 30ml of freshly squeezed lime juice.
7. Garnish with a Seed + Stow Dried Lime Slice (or you can use a Dried Lemon Slice).
Note — We used The Berry Tea Shop's Butterfly Pea Tea, available to purchase via their online store.